1. Some people believe that spending money on developing technology for space exploration is unjustifiable, there are more beneficial ways to spend money. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. People are now surrounded by advertising. This both affects what people think is important and has a negative impact on people's lives. To what extent do you agree and disagree?
3. Nowadays many young people in work force change their jobs or careers every few years. What do you think are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
4. Some people believe the best way to produce a better society is to ensure there is only a small difference between the earnings of the richest and the poorest. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people think the best way to solve traffic congestions in cities is to provide free public transport 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. An increasing number of people change their career and places of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or negative development?
7. Some people believe that university education should focus on the skills of employment for the future. Others think should focus academic study only. Discuss both views and give your opinion
8. Some people think painting and drawings are as important as other subjects, they should be compulsory in high school education. What do you think?
9. Some people think that the increasing use of computers and mobile phones for communication has had a negative effect on young people’s reading and writing skills. Does the advantage outweigh the disadvantage?
10. Machines have replaced physical work in many industries. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
11. Some countries achieve international sporting success by building specialized facilities to train top athletes instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
12. Some people think living in big cities is bad for people’s health. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. It is a good thing for those in the senior management position to have higher salaries than other workers in the same company or organization. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Some people believe young people should be free to choose his or her job, but others think they should be realistic and think about their future. Discuss and give your opinion.
15. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience.