1. European footballis played in 80 countries , _____ it the most popular sport in the world.
2. The managersdiscussed the plan that they would like to see _____ the next year.
D.to carry out
3. The purpose of newtechnologies in to make life easier, _____ it more difficult.
B.not to make
4. When I got backhome I saw a message pinned to the doctor _____, Sorry to miss you; will calllater.
5. I’v worked withchildren before, so I know what _____ in my new job.
C.to be expecting
6. Acomputer does onlywhat thinking people ______.
A.have it to
B.nave it done
C.have done it
D.having it done
7. What worried thechild most was _____ to visit his mother in the hospital .
A.his not allowing
B.his not being allowed
C.his being not allowed
D.having not been allowed
8. Cleanig woman inbig cities usually get _____ by the hour.
9. They are not verygood, but we like ______.
A.anyway to play basketball with them
B.to play basketball with them anyway
C.to play with them basketball anyway
D.with them to play basketball anyway
10. He sent me ane-mail, _____ to get further information.
11. _____ is 1636,Harvard is one of the most famous universities in the United States.
B.it was founded
12. The _____ boy waslast seen _____ near the East Lake.
D.missed, to play
13. Tony was veryunhappy for ______ to the party.
A.having not been invited
B.not having invited
C.having not invited
D.not having been invited
14. -Do your brotherintend to study German?
-Yes, he intends ______.
15. He claimed ______ inthe supermarket when he was doing shopping yesterday.
A.being badly treated
C.to be treated badly
D.to have been badly treated
16. To fetch waterbefore breakfast seemed to me a rule _____.
B.never to be broken
C.never to have broken
D.never to be breaking
17. She asked me tohelp her, _____ that she couldn’t move the heavy suitcase alone.
A.only to realize
C.having been realized
18. Robert is said_____ abroad, but I don’t know country be studied in.
A.to have studied
C.to be study
D.to have been studying
19. -Let me tell yousomething about the journalists.
-Don’t you remember _____ me the story yesterday?
D.to have told
20. There are five pairs______, but I’m at a loss which to buy.
A.to be chosen
B.to choose from